3.1 – Cakecrumbs websites are perfect for those who require a modern, responsive and content managed website created quickly and cost-effectively. We achieve this by sticking to a strict design and build process that enables us to have any Cakecrumbs website designed and built within a month, however, this can only be guaranteed if we are supplied with what we need in a timely and organised manner.
3.2 – All of our Cakecrumbs websites are built from the ground up and we do not use any standard ‘off the shelf’ templates, however, in order to keep the cost of our Cakecrumbs websites as low as they can be, we cut out the wireframing, mockups, visuals and prototyping stages of the design process. Instead, we go straight to build based on the design brief supplied to us. This doesn’t mean our clients won’t get the opportunity to refine the design we create for you, it simply means you won’t get to see the website design before we build it.
3.3 – During the design process, we may make use of stock imagery/video, stock graphics and icons for initial designs and presentation purposes, all of which can be replaced with specified content accordingly, come the time.
The design and build process of a Cakecrumbs website;
- We gather a full and detailed brief from you.
- We build your website homepage and send this to you as a live link for you to review and feedback on.
- If required, we work together collaboratively (over screen share and via our project management tool) amending and evolving the homepage until you are happy to approve.
- We then build the rest of your website using the same styling and design preferences as the homepage.
- Once you are happy with your completed website, we make it live!
3.4 – We do not include any custom development or custom functionality above and beyond what is included in the Cakecrumbs website subscription plans. We can, however, quote for additional custom development and functionality if required.
3.5 – We also do not include the following in any of our Cakecrumbs website subscription plans;
– Custom animations created by us.
– Custom video content created by us.
3.5 – In a further effort to keep the costs of our Cakecrumbs websites as low as possible, all project communications are carried out over screen share using online tools like Zoom and our project management tool Asana.
3.6 – The design (look, feel, styling) of a Cakecrumbs website is based on the quality of the design brief supplied to us and the working examples given. We provide an online ‘briefing form’ that we encourage our clients to make use of. The better and more detailed the brief, the better the end result will be and the easier it will be for us to deliver on expectations.
3.7 – Design feedback and amendments are welcome, however, due to the design and build process of a Cakecrumbs website we are unable to ‘start again’. For this reason, we stress that the brief supplied to us must be as detailed as possible. We will, however, make adjustments, amendments, refinements and evolve initial proofs until you are happy with a final design.
3.8 – Design changes, upgrades, feature enhancements and additional functionality required once the Cakecrumbs website is finalised and live can be done by upgrading the Cakecrumbs subscription plan accordingly, or, alternatively, can be quoted for separately based on the scope of the work required.
3.9 – In an effort to reduce security risks and cloning, we do not provide top-level administrator access to our Cakecrumbs websites.
4.1 – As a standard, our Cakecrumbs eCommerce websites (the ‘Whole Cake’ plan) include the below functionality. Further features/functionality can be added upon request.
- Physical, digital, or both: Sell physical products that will ship to a customer, digital products they can download or any combination of the two.
- Unlimited variations: Offer any number of variations (like color, size, fabric and so on) for a product with the option to set prices, stock and images for each variation.
- Unlimited products: Add as many products as you want to sell.
- Import and export products: Add and update product information like name, short description, regular and sale price, and more using a CSV file.
- Built-in payment processing from leading providers: Take payments via Stripe and PayPal. Accept credit cards, Direct Bank Transfer or Cash on Delivery (Click and Collect).
- Shipping options: Give customers the option of pickup, local delivery or shipping. Restrict options available based on customer location.
- Shipping rates: Set a flat rate or define specific rates for different locations. Calculate and show the right rates to customers at checkout.
- Free shipping: Offer free shipping for certain locations or based on a minimum spend.
- Tax options: Show taxes based on your customer’s shipping address, billing address or your store’s base address. Automatically calculate major country and region tax rates.
- Geo-location support: Auto-detect your customer’s address to make shipping and tax calculations simpler.
- Customer accounts and guest checkout: Allow customers to register and choose to automatically generate usernames and passwords, or not. Display a returning customer login reminder. Enable guest checkout for those who don’t want to register.
- One-click refunds: Offer pain-free refunds to customers that can be managed directly in your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Inventory management: Track stock levels, hold stock after an order is cancelled, get notifications for low and out-of-stock items, hide out-of-stock items and more.
- Order management: Add customer notes, edit stock manually, mark items you shipped, and manage the fulfilment process.
- Email templates: Send notifications to customers at critical stages, e.g., after they make a purchase or when their order is complete.
- Add shop managers: Give your team access to manage orders and view reports without making them an admin.
- Voucher Codes/Coupons: Give customers coupons for a fixed amount, a percentage off or special offers like free shipping. Offer coupons for their whole basket or certain products.
- Related products: Show related products to help customers find complementary products or encourage them to purchase more.
- Reporting: View sales, refunds and coupons over time. See your top products and categories.
4.2 – As part of an eCommerce website build, we will integrate the specified payment processor. However, Cakecrumbs is not responsible for creating and managing your chosen payment processor(s) account. Come the time, and if required, we may need access to the chosen payment processor(s) account in order to integrate it with the eCommerce website. We will request this access accordingly.
4.3 – As part of the eCommerce website build, we will add up to 5 products each with (up to) 5 variations. These products we add will be used as product templates going forward. It is the client’s responsibility to add further products thereafter.
4.4 – Product migration: If a website already exists with products on it (or a large number of products need to be added) and you wish to move them over to your new Cakecrumbs website, then we provide two options;
- We will provide a spreadsheet (CSV file) to populate your products with. This spreadsheet will include columns for all the relevant product data required including product images. We will then take this spreadsheet and ‘bulk upload’ the products to your website. Please note that depending on the number of products and the product(s) complexity, charges may apply.
- We can make use of a third party product migration service such as ‘Cart2Cart‘. These providers specialise in the migration of products from one platform to another. Charges will apply based on your current platform and number of products.
Please note that manual product/data entry by the Cakecrumbs team is not included in your eCommerce website build.
5.1 – You do not ‘own’ a Cakecrumbs website.
5.2 – The website will be hosted on our own server container and cannot be transferred.
5.3 – SSL certificates are hosted and owned by Nous Digital (trading as Cakecrumbs) and are non-transferable. Inclusive SSL certificates can only be applied if the domain name is hosted with Nous Digital (trading as Cakecrumbs). Should you choose not to host the domain name with us, we can provide ‘Extended SSL Certificates’ that can be hosted externally from your domain name at an additional cost.
5.4 – You will always own the domain name and mailboxes we include with a Cakecrumbs website (domain name(s) will be registered with your contact details). You can transfer these away from us at any time at no additional cost.